Quarry faces 6-month moratorium in Eddington, Maine
The proposed quarry in Eddington, Maine will likely be delayed by an upcoming moratorium.
The moratorium would put construction of the 20-acre quarry on hold for six months, WLBZ2 reports.
Construction company Hughes Brothers wants to add the quarry to a 110-acre plot in the town, but residents are concerned about regulations and property value. The moratorium will allow for more time to discuss regulations, the report notes.
The town approved the company to build a separate 5-acre quarry, which will not be affected by the moratorium.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry593 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction479 Views
- The nation’s top 25 crushed stone producers420 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company384 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way272 Views