Quarry faces 6-month moratorium in Eddington, Maine
The proposed quarry in Eddington, Maine will likely be delayed by an upcoming moratorium.
The moratorium would put construction of the 20-acre quarry on hold for six months, WLBZ2 reports.
Construction company Hughes Brothers wants to add the quarry to a 110-acre plot in the town, but residents are concerned about regulations and property value. The moratorium will allow for more time to discuss regulations, the report notes.
The town approved the company to build a separate 5-acre quarry, which will not be affected by the moratorium.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year488 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries333 Views
- Hillary Clinton rolls out new $275 billion infrastructure plan251 Views
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs187 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding163 Views