Quarry faces 6-month moratorium in Eddington, Maine
The proposed quarry in Eddington, Maine will likely be delayed by an upcoming moratorium.
The moratorium would put construction of the 20-acre quarry on hold for six months, WLBZ2 reports.
Construction company Hughes Brothers wants to add the quarry to a 110-acre plot in the town, but residents are concerned about regulations and property value. The moratorium will allow for more time to discuss regulations, the report notes.
The town approved the company to build a separate 5-acre quarry, which will not be affected by the moratorium.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success625 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies500 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned490 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting460 Views
- LafargeHolcim is considering selling Lafarge India280 Views