Quarry faces 6-month moratorium in Eddington, Maine
The proposed quarry in Eddington, Maine will likely be delayed by an upcoming moratorium.
The moratorium would put construction of the 20-acre quarry on hold for six months, WLBZ2 reports.
Construction company Hughes Brothers wants to add the quarry to a 110-acre plot in the town, but residents are concerned about regulations and property value. The moratorium will allow for more time to discuss regulations, the report notes.
The town approved the company to build a separate 5-acre quarry, which will not be affected by the moratorium.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Man hit by front-end loader dies in quarry accident1298 Views
- PHOTOS: Rare prehistoric mammoth found at sand and gravel pit1048 Views
- What should be done with this big pile of sand?695 Views
- Watch this: Dredging at Teichert's Hallwood Plant533 Views
- North America sand market to see big growth486 Views