Quarry faces 6-month moratorium in Eddington, Maine
The proposed quarry in Eddington, Maine will likely be delayed by an upcoming moratorium.
The moratorium would put construction of the 20-acre quarry on hold for six months, WLBZ2 reports.
Construction company Hughes Brothers wants to add the quarry to a 110-acre plot in the town, but residents are concerned about regulations and property value. The moratorium will allow for more time to discuss regulations, the report notes.
The town approved the company to build a separate 5-acre quarry, which will not be affected by the moratorium.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry742 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets553 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year312 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY136 Views