Quarry Life Award offers chance to improve quarry environments in North America
Now in its second round, the international competition aims to raise awareness about the biological value of mineral extraction sites across the globe.
Lehigh Hanson will have two quarries available for the research projects: Lincoln Quarry in Lincoln, Illinois, U.S. and Sechelt Mine in Sechelt, British Columbia, Canada.
Participants can choose from one of five categories for their projects:
Raising Public Awareness
Innovation and Biodiversity
Biodiversity and Education
Pupil and Student Projects
Proposals must be submitted by March 1.
A jury will select five projects from the submitted proposals, and those projects will have to be completed by September 2014. The jury will then select three national winners based on their added value for nature and society, innovation, feasibility, ability to raise public awareness and involvement of stakeholders. Winners will receive €1500, €3000 and €5000 (approximately $1,995; $3,990; and $6,659).
The five completed projects will also compete for the International Quarry Life Award, which offers €10,000 (about $13,603) each for the best projects in each category and €30,000 (about $40,809) for the best overall project.
For more details, visit quarrylifeaward.com.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines389 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks361 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger353 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)316 Views