Quarry Life Award offers chance to improve quarry environments in North America
Now in its second round, the international competition aims to raise awareness about the biological value of mineral extraction sites across the globe.
Lehigh Hanson will have two quarries available for the research projects: Lincoln Quarry in Lincoln, Illinois, U.S. and Sechelt Mine in Sechelt, British Columbia, Canada.
Participants can choose from one of five categories for their projects:
Raising Public Awareness
Innovation and Biodiversity
Biodiversity and Education
Pupil and Student Projects
Proposals must be submitted by March 1.
A jury will select five projects from the submitted proposals, and those projects will have to be completed by September 2014. The jury will then select three national winners based on their added value for nature and society, innovation, feasibility, ability to raise public awareness and involvement of stakeholders. Winners will receive €1500, €3000 and €5000 (approximately $1,995; $3,990; and $6,659).
The five completed projects will also compete for the International Quarry Life Award, which offers €10,000 (about $13,603) each for the best projects in each category and €30,000 (about $40,809) for the best overall project.
For more details, visit quarrylifeaward.com.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views