Quarry Life Award offers students cash for quarry wildlife conservation ideas
The site, operated by Hanson, is participating in a biodiversity research competition in which students are encouraged to search for ways to promote and conserve species diversity in quarries, Burton Mail reports.
The competition, the Quarry Life Award, offers students the chance to win up to £35,000 (about $47,500).
Contestants can choose one of five topics for raising public awareness, and an expert panel will select the top projects next summer.
This is the second time the Quarry Life Award competition — a worldwide contest — has taken place. The previous edition ran from March to September 2012.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Famous quarry for sale663 Views
- Update: MnDOT makes decision in mine expansion243 Views
- Don't drink and drive...that includes your wheel loader!214 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress153 Views
- Atlas Copco addresses future, sustainability and growth at NASCAR Hall of Fame134 Views