Quarry Park demonstrates 100-year-old derrick (VIDEO)
Quarry Park and Nature Preserve presented a demonstration of its 100-year-old Liberty Derrick at the summer festival in Waite Park, Minnesota, on Saturday.
The derrick, which is similar to those used at granite quarries in the early- to mid-1900s, hoisted a 4-ton block of granite for the demonstration.
According to WJON, the Stearns County Parks Department acquired the derrick in 1996 and fully restored it in 2008. It remains on display at Quarry Park year-round, and the park puts the Liberty Derrick in operation once each year.
Watch the video below to see the Liberty Derrick demonstration.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Alert: Electrical Safety395 Views
- U.S. aggregates production rises in Q3 2013202 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs176 Views
- Five Holcim plants receive EPA Energy Star for energy efficiency125 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Dust Control Technology’s DustBoss DB-100124 Views