Quarry Park demonstrates 100-year-old derrick (VIDEO)
Quarry Park and Nature Preserve presented a demonstration of its 100-year-old Liberty Derrick at the summer festival in Waite Park, Minnesota, on Saturday.
The derrick, which is similar to those used at granite quarries in the early- to mid-1900s, hoisted a 4-ton block of granite for the demonstration.
According to WJON, the Stearns County Parks Department acquired the derrick in 1996 and fully restored it in 2008. It remains on display at Quarry Park year-round, and the park puts the Liberty Derrick in operation once each year.
Watch the video below to see the Liberty Derrick demonstration.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 897 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life491 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers287 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views