Quarry Park demonstrates 100-year-old derrick (VIDEO)
Quarry Park and Nature Preserve presented a demonstration of its 100-year-old Liberty Derrick at the summer festival in Waite Park, Minnesota, on Saturday.
The derrick, which is similar to those used at granite quarries in the early- to mid-1900s, hoisted a 4-ton block of granite for the demonstration.
According to WJON, the Stearns County Parks Department acquired the derrick in 1996 and fully restored it in 2008. It remains on display at Quarry Park year-round, and the park puts the Liberty Derrick in operation once each year.
Watch the video below to see the Liberty Derrick demonstration.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability547 Views
- The Internet may take over abandoned mines494 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park347 Views
- Video: Behind the scenes with Lego Technic's wheel loader R&D291 Views
- 80-thousand pounds of sand and gravel dumped on highway266 Views