Quarry Park demonstrates 100-year-old derrick (VIDEO)
Quarry Park and Nature Preserve presented a demonstration of its 100-year-old Liberty Derrick at the summer festival in Waite Park, Minnesota, on Saturday.
The derrick, which is similar to those used at granite quarries in the early- to mid-1900s, hoisted a 4-ton block of granite for the demonstration.
According to WJON, the Stearns County Parks Department acquired the derrick in 1996 and fully restored it in 2008. It remains on display at Quarry Park year-round, and the park puts the Liberty Derrick in operation once each year.
Watch the video below to see the Liberty Derrick demonstration.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher509 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks372 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident326 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress149 Views
- 10-year-old boy falls 30 feet into NY quarry140 Views