Quarry Park demonstrates 100-year-old derrick (VIDEO)
Quarry Park and Nature Preserve presented a demonstration of its 100-year-old Liberty Derrick at the summer festival in Waite Park, Minnesota, on Saturday.
The derrick, which is similar to those used at granite quarries in the early- to mid-1900s, hoisted a 4-ton block of granite for the demonstration.
According to WJON, the Stearns County Parks Department acquired the derrick in 1996 and fully restored it in 2008. It remains on display at Quarry Park year-round, and the park puts the Liberty Derrick in operation once each year.
Watch the video below to see the Liberty Derrick demonstration.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2392 Views
- Quarry blast leaves huge holes in nearby home984 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...579 Views
- How to become a more productive worker318 Views
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry303 Views