Quarry Park’s 100-year-old derrick undergoes repairs
Liberty Derrick, the 100-year-old derrick at Quarry Park and Nature Reserve in Waite Park, Minnesota, is undergoing repairs that has postponed planned demonstrations, SCTimes.com reports.
The park uses the working derrick to demonstrate the operation of the type of derrick that was used in granite quarries in Waite Park in the first half of the 1900s.
During demonstrations, the derrick lifts a 4-ton block of granite. Check out a video of a demonstration here.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs704 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina365 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity344 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries269 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law216 Views