Quarry Park’s 100-year-old derrick undergoes repairs
Liberty Derrick, the 100-year-old derrick at Quarry Park and Nature Reserve in Waite Park, Minnesota, is undergoing repairs that has postponed planned demonstrations, SCTimes.com reports.
The park uses the working derrick to demonstrate the operation of the type of derrick that was used in granite quarries in Waite Park in the first half of the 1900s.
During demonstrations, the derrick lifts a 4-ton block of granite. Check out a video of a demonstration here.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers428 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products226 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award198 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions194 Views
- NSSGA debuts its new strategic plan172 Views