Quarry Park’s 100-year-old derrick undergoes repairs
Liberty Derrick, the 100-year-old derrick at Quarry Park and Nature Reserve in Waite Park, Minnesota, is undergoing repairs that has postponed planned demonstrations, SCTimes.com reports.
The park uses the working derrick to demonstrate the operation of the type of derrick that was used in granite quarries in Waite Park in the first half of the 1900s.
During demonstrations, the derrick lifts a 4-ton block of granite. Check out a video of a demonstration here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2294 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...535 Views
- How to become a more productive worker309 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies307 Views