Quarry Park’s 100-year-old derrick undergoes repairs
Liberty Derrick, the 100-year-old derrick at Quarry Park and Nature Reserve in Waite Park, Minnesota, is undergoing repairs that has postponed planned demonstrations, SCTimes.com reports.
The park uses the working derrick to demonstrate the operation of the type of derrick that was used in granite quarries in Waite Park in the first half of the 1900s.
During demonstrations, the derrick lifts a 4-ton block of granite. Check out a video of a demonstration here.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1819 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant1149 Views
- Federal judge forces MSHA inspection601 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up415 Views
- 15 quarry trespassers arrested in Pennsylvania383 Views