Quarry Park’s 100-year-old derrick undergoes repairs
Liberty Derrick, the 100-year-old derrick at Quarry Park and Nature Reserve in Waite Park, Minnesota, is undergoing repairs that has postponed planned demonstrations, SCTimes.com reports.
The park uses the working derrick to demonstrate the operation of the type of derrick that was used in granite quarries in Waite Park in the first half of the 1900s.
During demonstrations, the derrick lifts a 4-ton block of granite. Check out a video of a demonstration here.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1595 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award344 Views
- Brad Powell named IMAA 2014 “Miner of the Year”262 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention175 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban127 Views