Red Dot agrees to acquire JBAR A/C
Red Dot Corp., a global supplier of heating and air conditioning systems, components, and aftermarket parts for heavy-duty vehicles and equipment, announced it has reached an agreement to acquire JBAR A/C Inc. of Valley View, Ohio, near Cleveland. Financial terms were not disclosed.
JBAR designs and manufactures heaters and air conditioning systems for vehicles used in construction, materials handling, and other heavy-duty applications. The company will operate as a subsidiary of Red Dot, retaining the JBAR brand, management team, and employees.
Red Dot plans to invest in additional production capacity in the Cleveland area to allow JBAR to meet the growing needs of its customers.
“This acquisition strengthens our manufacturing and distribution presence in the Eastern U.S. and Canada and expands our family of HVAC unit kits,” said Randy Gardiner, president, CEO and chairman of Red Dot. “With its focus on heavy-duty markets and reputation for quality and engineering, JBAR is a perfect complement for Red Dot.”
Mike Pease, president of JBAR, added: “This is an exciting opportunity for JBAR. As a Red Dot company, JBAR will be able to provide the manufacturing, customer support, distribution, and engineering resources our customers expect.”
Pease will join Red Dot’s senior management team and be responsible for JBAR’s day-to-day operations. The agreement is scheduled to close on Sept. 1, 2011.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation388 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest343 Views
- Thieves derail train in Mexico to steal 70 tons of cement337 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training333 Views
- Four contractors compete for $1.1 billion I-285/GA 400 interchange project in Atlanta288 Views