Rep. Lamborn talks mining legislation with SME
U.S. Representative Doug Lamborn (R-CO), chairman of the Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources, last week visited with the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME) to discuss necessary improvements to national minerals policy.
The meeting was part of a briefing SME hosted at its Englewood, Colorado, headquarters, where more than 25 Colorado-based mining companies, consultants and equipment suppliers joined the society and Lamborn.
Lamborn brought up H.R. 761, National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act of 2013, as well as his legislation, H.R. 1063, the National Strategic and Critical Minerals Policy Act.
Lamborn addressed the seven- to ten-year mine permitting process, which he said is his goal. The process would make the U.S. minerals market more competitive.
He also committed to helping SME in its efforts to influence the Securities Exchange Commission to modernize its rulemaking on the Industry Guide 7 resource and reserves disclosure policy.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill432 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers412 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg312 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award193 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions181 Views