Rep. Lamborn talks mining legislation with SME
U.S. Representative Doug Lamborn (R-CO), chairman of the Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources, last week visited with the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME) to discuss necessary improvements to national minerals policy.
The meeting was part of a briefing SME hosted at its Englewood, Colorado, headquarters, where more than 25 Colorado-based mining companies, consultants and equipment suppliers joined the society and Lamborn.
Lamborn brought up H.R. 761, National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act of 2013, as well as his legislation, H.R. 1063, the National Strategic and Critical Minerals Policy Act.
Lamborn addressed the seven- to ten-year mine permitting process, which he said is his goal. The process would make the U.S. minerals market more competitive.
He also committed to helping SME in its efforts to influence the Securities Exchange Commission to modernize its rulemaking on the Industry Guide 7 resource and reserves disclosure policy.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151090 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production756 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success612 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone425 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting388 Views