Rep. Lamborn talks mining legislation with SME
U.S. Representative Doug Lamborn (R-CO), chairman of the Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources, last week visited with the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME) to discuss necessary improvements to national minerals policy.
The meeting was part of a briefing SME hosted at its Englewood, Colorado, headquarters, where more than 25 Colorado-based mining companies, consultants and equipment suppliers joined the society and Lamborn.
Lamborn brought up H.R. 761, National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act of 2013, as well as his legislation, H.R. 1063, the National Strategic and Critical Minerals Policy Act.
Lamborn addressed the seven- to ten-year mine permitting process, which he said is his goal. The process would make the U.S. minerals market more competitive.
He also committed to helping SME in its efforts to influence the Securities Exchange Commission to modernize its rulemaking on the Industry Guide 7 resource and reserves disclosure policy.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2382 Views
- Quarry blast leaves huge holes in nearby home746 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...570 Views
- How to become a more productive worker311 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies309 Views