Rep. Lamborn talks mining legislation with SME
U.S. Representative Doug Lamborn (R-CO), chairman of the Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources, last week visited with the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME) to discuss necessary improvements to national minerals policy.
The meeting was part of a briefing SME hosted at its Englewood, Colorado, headquarters, where more than 25 Colorado-based mining companies, consultants and equipment suppliers joined the society and Lamborn.
Lamborn brought up H.R. 761, National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act of 2013, as well as his legislation, H.R. 1063, the National Strategic and Critical Minerals Policy Act.
Lamborn addressed the seven- to ten-year mine permitting process, which he said is his goal. The process would make the U.S. minerals market more competitive.
He also committed to helping SME in its efforts to influence the Securities Exchange Commission to modernize its rulemaking on the Industry Guide 7 resource and reserves disclosure policy.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1050 Views
- Martin Marietta mine among 18 cited during MSHA monthly inspection in April537 Views
- EPA releases final Waters of the U.S. rule, aggregates industry reacts390 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry336 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration327 Views