Rep. Mica: Obama spending plan ‘pitiful’
U.S. Rep. John L. Mica (R-Fla.), the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee’s Republican leader, has slammed the report by the U.S. Treasury Department and the White House on the Obama Administration’s $50 billion infrastructure spending plan.
On Oct. 11, Mica released the following statement:
“Unfortunately, this last-minute report is a pitiful and tardy political excuse for the Administration having killed last year any chance for a long-term transportation measure.
“Even more astounding is their regurgitation and attempted justification of a $50 billion spending proposal while more than 60 percent of the stimulus infrastructure dollars remain unspent.
“Once again, as the Republican leader of the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, I remain committed and ready to talk, work and take action with these folks when they return to planet Earth with both feet on the ground.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission173 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger141 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park140 Views