Rep. Mica: Obama spending plan ‘pitiful’
U.S. Rep. John L. Mica (R-Fla.), the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee’s Republican leader, has slammed the report by the U.S. Treasury Department and the White House on the Obama Administration’s $50 billion infrastructure spending plan.
On Oct. 11, Mica released the following statement:
“Unfortunately, this last-minute report is a pitiful and tardy political excuse for the Administration having killed last year any chance for a long-term transportation measure.
“Even more astounding is their regurgitation and attempted justification of a $50 billion spending proposal while more than 60 percent of the stimulus infrastructure dollars remain unspent.
“Once again, as the Republican leader of the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, I remain committed and ready to talk, work and take action with these folks when they return to planet Earth with both feet on the ground.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1718 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant1086 Views
- Federal judge forces MSHA inspection619 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up388 Views
- Wingra not allowed to mine beneath burial mounds365 Views