Rep. Mica: Obama spending plan ‘pitiful’
U.S. Rep. John L. Mica (R-Fla.), the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee’s Republican leader, has slammed the report by the U.S. Treasury Department and the White House on the Obama Administration’s $50 billion infrastructure spending plan.
On Oct. 11, Mica released the following statement:
“Unfortunately, this last-minute report is a pitiful and tardy political excuse for the Administration having killed last year any chance for a long-term transportation measure.
“Even more astounding is their regurgitation and attempted justification of a $50 billion spending proposal while more than 60 percent of the stimulus infrastructure dollars remain unspent.
“Once again, as the Republican leader of the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, I remain committed and ready to talk, work and take action with these folks when they return to planet Earth with both feet on the ground.”
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2294 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...535 Views
- How to become a more productive worker309 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies307 Views