Residents discuss concerns about proposed quarry in New York state
Residents in Hannibal, New York, on Tuesday discussed their concerns about a proposed sand quarry in their neighborhood, according to YNN.
Oswego County lawmakers listened to the residents, who said an-already dangerous intersection in the area could become worse with increased truck traffic.
The quarry would mine sand on a site off State Route 3 and Woodruff Road. Highway officials wanted to use the sand on roads during winter. Crews had already cleared a road on the site, but the proper paperwork had not been filed and the county had to drop the project.
According to YNN’s report, the county legislature may try to re-file the paperwork and continue building the quarry.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2327 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...533 Views
- How to become a more productive worker312 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies309 Views