Residents discuss concerns about proposed quarry in New York state
Residents in Hannibal, New York, on Tuesday discussed their concerns about a proposed sand quarry in their neighborhood, according to YNN.
Oswego County lawmakers listened to the residents, who said an-already dangerous intersection in the area could become worse with increased truck traffic.
The quarry would mine sand on a site off State Route 3 and Woodruff Road. Highway officials wanted to use the sand on roads during winter. Crews had already cleared a road on the site, but the proper paperwork had not been filed and the county had to drop the project.
According to YNN’s report, the county legislature may try to re-file the paperwork and continue building the quarry.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry745 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets540 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year308 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY137 Views