Rice Lake Weighing buys NORAC Systems weighing division
Rice Lake Weighing Systems has purchased the weighing division of NORAC Systems International, Inc., a Canadian-based manufacturer of weighing equipment for the agricultural industry.
With this acquisition, Rice Lake takes ownership of NORAC’s weight-related products including its patented livestock scales, legal-for-trade on-board vehicle systems, truck scales and more, and assumes all manufacturing, distribution and service oversight. “NORAC’s products have a solid reputation and will be a nice complement to our current offering,” says Rice Lake vice president, Mark Johnson Jr., in a written statement.
NORAC Systems International, in business since 1974, has amassed an impressive lineup of quality scale products which they currently distribute worldwide. According to NORAC President, Bill Strelioff, “This was a strategic decision that will enable NORAC to dedicate more resources to managing the considerable growth of our control systems business.”
This acquisition tops an expanding list of recent tactical developments for Rice Lake Weighing Systems, including the expansion of manufacturing to Nevada, the opening of a European service and distribution center, and a joint venture within India. Mark explains, “In order to continue to grow as a business, we want to invest in opportunities and technologies that fit the needs of our customers. Bringing on NORAC’s weighing division is going to be an important part of achieving our goals as a company.”
MORE FROM People News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151103 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production756 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success607 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting433 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone425 Views