Rigging Safety Seminar set for March 23 in Albany, New York
Many rigging accidents happen due to lack of training.
A rigging safety seminar has been planned for March 23 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (registration begins at 8:30 a.m.) at the Best Western Albany Airport Inn in Albany, N.Y.
The purpose of this program is to promote rigging safety, education and contribute to preventing personal injury and death.
Rigging experts in the industry will educate attendees on how to ensure a safe working environment. The ultimate goal of this session is to increase participant’s knowledge and skills of rigging operations.
A CM Certificate of Completion will be awarded to each attendee.
Topics for Discussion:
- OSHA requirements and regulations for rigging safety.
- ASME standards for rigging equipment (slings, hoists, lever tools, cranes and rigging hardware).
- Rigging hardware selection, inspection and removal procedures.
- Safety issues for various types of rigging equipment.
- Working load limit reductions.
- Basic rigging techniques: Basic hitches, sling tensions, finding center of gravity, weights of loads.
- Accident case studies.
ASME B30 Standards state that rigging hardware users shall be trained in the selection, inspection, cautions to personnel, effects of environment and safe rigging practices of rigging equipment
Who Should Attend:
- Safety Managers
- Crane Operators & Rigging Crews
- Industrial Supervisors/Engineers
- Construction Management
- Iron Workers
- Warehouse Personnel
Guest Speaker: Columbus McKinnon Corporation
Columbus McKinnon Corporation is a world leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of quality industrial material handling equipment which spans over 130 years. Alloy chain was invented and introduced by Columbus McKinnon in 1935 creating the world’s benchmark for worker safety and product reliability.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill429 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers391 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg299 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award181 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions181 Views