Rigging Safety Seminar set for March 23 in Albany, New York
Many rigging accidents happen due to lack of training.
A rigging safety seminar has been planned for March 23 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (registration begins at 8:30 a.m.) at the Best Western Albany Airport Inn in Albany, N.Y.
The purpose of this program is to promote rigging safety, education and contribute to preventing personal injury and death.
Rigging experts in the industry will educate attendees on how to ensure a safe working environment. The ultimate goal of this session is to increase participant’s knowledge and skills of rigging operations.
A CM Certificate of Completion will be awarded to each attendee.
Topics for Discussion:
- OSHA requirements and regulations for rigging safety.
- ASME standards for rigging equipment (slings, hoists, lever tools, cranes and rigging hardware).
- Rigging hardware selection, inspection and removal procedures.
- Safety issues for various types of rigging equipment.
- Working load limit reductions.
- Basic rigging techniques: Basic hitches, sling tensions, finding center of gravity, weights of loads.
- Accident case studies.
ASME B30 Standards state that rigging hardware users shall be trained in the selection, inspection, cautions to personnel, effects of environment and safe rigging practices of rigging equipment
Who Should Attend:
- Safety Managers
- Crane Operators & Rigging Crews
- Industrial Supervisors/Engineers
- Construction Management
- Iron Workers
- Warehouse Personnel
Guest Speaker: Columbus McKinnon Corporation
Columbus McKinnon Corporation is a world leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of quality industrial material handling equipment which spans over 130 years. Alloy chain was invented and introduced by Columbus McKinnon in 1935 creating the world’s benchmark for worker safety and product reliability.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs477 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources437 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger419 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities385 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register340 Views