Ringwood, Saddle Mountain Quarry work toward mining extension settlement
A judge last week ordered the Borough of Ringwood, New Jersey, and Saddle Mountain Quarry to go into arbitration to settle a dispute over a proposed mining extension for the quarry, according to a report from NorthJersey.com.
Borough officials argued that the quarry violates a previous court order that restricts mining below Westbrook Road’s elevation and that the mining could cause damage to the environment and nearby wells.
A lawyer for Saddle Mountain Quarry said the limit does not exist and the mining will not cause damage.
A trial regarding the dispute began last month. The Borough and quarry owner Braen Stone Industries have attempted to settle the dispute for more than a year. If the two cannot reach a settlement, the trial will continue in October.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill432 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers419 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg333 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products204 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award193 Views