Ringwood, Saddle Mountain Quarry work toward mining extension settlement
A judge last week ordered the Borough of Ringwood, New Jersey, and Saddle Mountain Quarry to go into arbitration to settle a dispute over a proposed mining extension for the quarry, according to a report from NorthJersey.com.
Borough officials argued that the quarry violates a previous court order that restricts mining below Westbrook Road’s elevation and that the mining could cause damage to the environment and nearby wells.
A lawyer for Saddle Mountain Quarry said the limit does not exist and the mining will not cause damage.
A trial regarding the dispute began last month. The Borough and quarry owner Braen Stone Industries have attempted to settle the dispute for more than a year. If the two cannot reach a settlement, the trial will continue in October.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1914 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant1161 Views
- Vulcan in bidding war with USC740 Views
- 15 quarry trespassers arrested in Pennsylvania510 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up450 Views