Ritchie posts $203 million single-auction record
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers says it held the world’s largest heavy equipment auction in Orlando last week, breaking multiple company records, including gross auction proceeds ($203 million), number of lots sold (10,000-plus); registered bidders (8,670) and sellers (830). Online records were also set; there were 4,700 online bidders, with online gross auction proceeds of $47 million.
Registered bidders from 88 countries and all 50 states participated in person and online. Thirty-six percent – or $73 million – sold outside the United States.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines390 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks361 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger348 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)318 Views