Ritchie Bros. conduct massive heavy equipment auction
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers plans to conduct a massive three-day heavy equipment auction in Edmonton, AB on April 24 – 26, 2012.
More than 4,300 heavy equipment items and trucks will be sold in the auction, including one of the largest selections of pipeline equipment the company has ever sold, and every item will be sold to the highest bidder, regardless of price — without minimum bids or reserve prices. Bids can be made in the auction on-site, online in real time at www.rbauction.com, or by proxy.
This will be the second Ritchie Bros. auction in Edmonton in 2012 — the first, held on March 6 – 7, featured more than 3,200 equipment items and attracted more than 5,000 bidders from 43 countries. In 2011, Ritchie Bros. conducted a total of six auctions in Edmonton and sold more than 25,800 equipment items — with 63 percent of the equipment purchased by buyers from Alberta (based on gross auction proceeds).
The April 2012 Edmonton auction already features more than 100 crawler tractors, 95 hydraulic excavators, 50 pipelayers, 40 wheel loaders, 35 motor graders, 30 skid-steer loaders, 15 loader backhoes, 90 truck tractors, 80 service trucks, 60 flatbed trucks, 50 articulated dump trucks, 50 dump trucks, 140 pickup trucks, and much more.
Specific equipment highlights in the Edmonton auction include the following:
- 10 Caterpillar D8T crawler tractors (six 2007 models, four 2006 models)
- 10 John Deere 450D LC hydraulic excavators (one 2009 model, four 2008 models, five 2006 models)
- 10 Caterpillar 572R pipelayers
- three 2007 Caterpillar 735 6×6 articulated dump trucks
- two 2011 Caterpillar D7E crawler tractors
- two 2011 Hitachi ZX350LC-3 hydraulic excavators
- two 2007 Caterpillar 14H VHP motor graders
- a 2006 Caterpillar 16H motor grader
- a 2006 Caterpillar 980H wheel loader
- a 2011 Kenworth T800 T/A truck tractor
- a 1991 Bell 206B Jet Ranger helicopter
The equipment in the auction will be sold for more than 540 sellers and includes more than 300 surplus items from Willbros Canada — Willbros equipment was made available through its exit from the Canadian cross country pipeline construction business. Willbros Canada continues to provide quality services to the oil-sands industry and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Willbros Group Inc., a global contractor specializing in energy infrastructure serving the oil, gas, and power industries.
Consignments are still being accepted for the Edmonton auction; anyone interested in selling their equipment can contact the auction site at (780) 955-2486
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs1056 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company484 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources430 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger409 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register331 Views