Ritchie Bros. sells $55+ million at March auction
In the first 2013 Edmonton, AB, Canada, unreserved public auction of Ritchie Bros., the industrial auctioneer sold more than 3,500 heavy equipment items and trucks – including large selection of mining equipment bringing in $55+ million (CA$57 million).
The auction took place March 7-8, 2013, featuring a large selection of late-model mining and heavy construction equipment, including more than 70 hydraulic excavators, more than 45 wheel loaders, more than 30 articulated dump trucks, more than 15 rock trucks and 10 crushers.
Jim Rotlisberger, regional sales manager of Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, said the “strong results for late-model, low-hour equipment for the mining, construction, transportation and other industries is a positive sign at the start of 2013,” especially as the company gets ready for the second auction as the end of April.
Close to 5,700 bidders from more than 35 countries, including 39 U.S. states and all Canadian provinces and two territories, registered to bid in person or online for the auction. More than $38+ million (CA$39 million) was purchased by buyers from Alberta while bidders from outside Alberta purchased more than $17+ million (CA$18 million) or 32 percent of total gross auction proceeds.
More than 2,900 of the bidders taking part in the auction registered to bid online – a new Edmonton site record – and purchased more than $18+million (CA$19 million) of equipment available online.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs703 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina365 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity342 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries267 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law216 Views