Ritchie Bros. sells $55+ million at March auction
In the first 2013 Edmonton, AB, Canada, unreserved public auction of Ritchie Bros., the industrial auctioneer sold more than 3,500 heavy equipment items and trucks – including large selection of mining equipment bringing in $55+ million (CA$57 million).
The auction took place March 7-8, 2013, featuring a large selection of late-model mining and heavy construction equipment, including more than 70 hydraulic excavators, more than 45 wheel loaders, more than 30 articulated dump trucks, more than 15 rock trucks and 10 crushers.
Jim Rotlisberger, regional sales manager of Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, said the “strong results for late-model, low-hour equipment for the mining, construction, transportation and other industries is a positive sign at the start of 2013,” especially as the company gets ready for the second auction as the end of April.
Close to 5,700 bidders from more than 35 countries, including 39 U.S. states and all Canadian provinces and two territories, registered to bid in person or online for the auction. More than $38+ million (CA$39 million) was purchased by buyers from Alberta while bidders from outside Alberta purchased more than $17+ million (CA$18 million) or 32 percent of total gross auction proceeds.
More than 2,900 of the bidders taking part in the auction registered to bid online – a new Edmonton site record – and purchased more than $18+million (CA$19 million) of equipment available online.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines371 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks358 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)279 Views
- Cat backs up claims of fuel efficiency with a guarantee233 Views