Ritchie Bros. sells $55+ million at March auction
In the first 2013 Edmonton, AB, Canada, unreserved public auction of Ritchie Bros., the industrial auctioneer sold more than 3,500 heavy equipment items and trucks – including large selection of mining equipment bringing in $55+ million (CA$57 million).
The auction took place March 7-8, 2013, featuring a large selection of late-model mining and heavy construction equipment, including more than 70 hydraulic excavators, more than 45 wheel loaders, more than 30 articulated dump trucks, more than 15 rock trucks and 10 crushers.
Jim Rotlisberger, regional sales manager of Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, said the “strong results for late-model, low-hour equipment for the mining, construction, transportation and other industries is a positive sign at the start of 2013,” especially as the company gets ready for the second auction as the end of April.
Close to 5,700 bidders from more than 35 countries, including 39 U.S. states and all Canadian provinces and two territories, registered to bid in person or online for the auction. More than $38+ million (CA$39 million) was purchased by buyers from Alberta while bidders from outside Alberta purchased more than $17+ million (CA$18 million) or 32 percent of total gross auction proceeds.
More than 2,900 of the bidders taking part in the auction registered to bid online – a new Edmonton site record – and purchased more than $18+million (CA$19 million) of equipment available online.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park161 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- NSSGA wants everyone to ask their representative to co-sponsor the Regulatory Integrity Protection Act (H.R. 1732) to stop proposed Waters of the U.S. rule119 Views