Ritchie Bros. sells $55+ million at March auction
In the first 2013 Edmonton, AB, Canada, unreserved public auction of Ritchie Bros., the industrial auctioneer sold more than 3,500 heavy equipment items and trucks – including large selection of mining equipment bringing in $55+ million (CA$57 million).
The auction took place March 7-8, 2013, featuring a large selection of late-model mining and heavy construction equipment, including more than 70 hydraulic excavators, more than 45 wheel loaders, more than 30 articulated dump trucks, more than 15 rock trucks and 10 crushers.
Jim Rotlisberger, regional sales manager of Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, said the “strong results for late-model, low-hour equipment for the mining, construction, transportation and other industries is a positive sign at the start of 2013,” especially as the company gets ready for the second auction as the end of April.
Close to 5,700 bidders from more than 35 countries, including 39 U.S. states and all Canadian provinces and two territories, registered to bid in person or online for the auction. More than $38+ million (CA$39 million) was purchased by buyers from Alberta while bidders from outside Alberta purchased more than $17+ million (CA$18 million) or 32 percent of total gross auction proceeds.
More than 2,900 of the bidders taking part in the auction registered to bid online – a new Edmonton site record – and purchased more than $18+million (CA$19 million) of equipment available online.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections453 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest390 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company377 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?307 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations279 Views