Roadblocks to Reauthorization
• Highway Safety Improvement: Restructures the Highway Safety Improvement program to focus on reducing motor vehicle crash fatalities and injuries on the nation’s highways, grade-crossings, and rural roads by investing in improvements to remove or lessen roadway safety hazards.
• Surface Transportation: Provides states with surface transportation funding through a flexible program that enables states and metropolitan regions to address state-specific needs including new highway and transit capacity. Facilitates local decision-making and participation by increasing the role of communities.
• Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement (CMAQ): Restructures the CMAQ program to fund projects that improve air quality, reduce congestion, and improve public health and the livability of communities.
Source: The Surface Transportation Authorization Act of 2009, A Blueprint for Investment and Reform Executive Summary
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting939 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem924 Views
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve433 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime241 Views
- Diesel fuel price report: May 13, 2013185 Views