Roadway Safety Coalition endorses rural road safety bill
The Roadway Infrastructure Safety Coalition (RISC) has endorsed H.R. 2107, the High Risk Rural Roads Safety Act of 2011, introduced by Rep. Michael H. Michaud (D-Maine).
“In rural states like Maine, smaller roadways are an absolutely critical part of the transportation system. Unfortunately, too many people are dying on these roads each year,” Rep. Michaud noted in a written statement.
“The High Risk Rural Roads Safety Act will help ensure that states have the resources needed to invest in rural roads and reduce these needless fatalities in Maine and throughout our nation.”
Because motorists are 2-1/2 times more likely to die on a rural road than on an urban one, dedicated investments for rural roads are critical. Investments in this vital transportation network are key to making America’s entire highway network both safe and efficient.
The High Risk Rural Roads Safety Act will invest $400 million annually for cost effective roadway safety infrastructure improvements for our nation’s rural roads which help to reduce roadway fatalities and create jobs.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views