Rock the Quarry 5K to take runners through North Carolina quarry
Residents in and near Asheville, North Carolina, will have the chance to run through a quarry next month during the sixth annual Rock the Quarry 5K Trail Challenge, according to a report from the Asheville Citizen-Times.
The race, which takes place September 21 at 9:30 a.m., will begin at Grove Stone & Sand, Co., and will take runners along trails, across streams and through a quarry.
Director Jon Neumann said the race has a mission “to bring our community together to celebrate good health in our beautiful surroundings while supporting our neighbors.”
Sponsors include Hedrick Industries, Carolina Cat and Paschal Associates.
More information about the Rock the Quarry Trail Challenge 5K is available at beta.active.com.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest389 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections370 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company329 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?314 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations308 Views