Rock the Quarry 5K to take runners through North Carolina quarry
Residents in and near Asheville, North Carolina, will have the chance to run through a quarry next month during the sixth annual Rock the Quarry 5K Trail Challenge, according to a report from the Asheville Citizen-Times.
The race, which takes place September 21 at 9:30 a.m., will begin at Grove Stone & Sand, Co., and will take runners along trails, across streams and through a quarry.
Director Jon Neumann said the race has a mission “to bring our community together to celebrate good health in our beautiful surroundings while supporting our neighbors.”
Sponsors include Hedrick Industries, Carolina Cat and Paschal Associates.
More information about the Rock the Quarry Trail Challenge 5K is available at beta.active.com.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs943 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company472 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources394 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger346 Views
- Nebraska company fined after loader operator dies in accident260 Views