Rock the Quarry 5K to take runners through North Carolina quarry
Residents in and near Asheville, North Carolina, will have the chance to run through a quarry next month during the sixth annual Rock the Quarry 5K Trail Challenge, according to a report from the Asheville Citizen-Times.
The race, which takes place September 21 at 9:30 a.m., will begin at Grove Stone & Sand, Co., and will take runners along trails, across streams and through a quarry.
Director Jon Neumann said the race has a mission “to bring our community together to celebrate good health in our beautiful surroundings while supporting our neighbors.”
Sponsors include Hedrick Industries, Carolina Cat and Paschal Associates.
More information about the Rock the Quarry Trail Challenge 5K is available at beta.active.com.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand saves a construction worker's life502 Views
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 298 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers290 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts163 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning155 Views