Rock the Quarry 5K to take runners through North Carolina quarry
Residents in and near Asheville, North Carolina, will have the chance to run through a quarry next month during the sixth annual Rock the Quarry 5K Trail Challenge, according to a report from the Asheville Citizen-Times.
The race, which takes place September 21 at 9:30 a.m., will begin at Grove Stone & Sand, Co., and will take runners along trails, across streams and through a quarry.
Director Jon Neumann said the race has a mission “to bring our community together to celebrate good health in our beautiful surroundings while supporting our neighbors.”
Sponsors include Hedrick Industries, Carolina Cat and Paschal Associates.
More information about the Rock the Quarry Trail Challenge 5K is available at beta.active.com.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)346 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world293 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention197 Views
- Historical aggregate landmark disappears into Lake Superior147 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village146 Views