Rock the Quarry 5K to take runners through North Carolina quarry
Residents in and near Asheville, North Carolina, will have the chance to run through a quarry next month during the sixth annual Rock the Quarry 5K Trail Challenge, according to a report from the Asheville Citizen-Times.
The race, which takes place September 21 at 9:30 a.m., will begin at Grove Stone & Sand, Co., and will take runners along trails, across streams and through a quarry.
Director Jon Neumann said the race has a mission “to bring our community together to celebrate good health in our beautiful surroundings while supporting our neighbors.”
Sponsors include Hedrick Industries, Carolina Cat and Paschal Associates.
More information about the Rock the Quarry Trail Challenge 5K is available at beta.active.com.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry321 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)280 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views