Rockmore Announces MultiPoint – The Next Generation of Carbide Inserts for their Button Bits
Rockmore International, a global manufacturer of rock drilling tools, has developed a revolutionary new carbide insert design for their button bits, the MultiPoint.
In percussion drilling, penetration rates depend on efficient crack propagation. With a conventional hemispherical insert, there is a single tangent point striking the rock, resulting in the rapid development of wear flats. Rockmore’s exclusive new carbide insert design provides multiple strike points for more efficient rock fracture and longer insert life.
Extensive rock-drilling trials showed that Rockmore’s button bits with MultiPoint inserts last up to 20% longer than the standard hemispherical design, and increased penetration rates by 10%. Wear flats appeared slower and later in the insert life than with hemispherical inserts. Testing also revealed that the MultiPoint inserts provided smoother bit rotation and advancement.
With the new Rockmore MultiPoint design, there is better transfer of energy, imparting more effective rock fracture. Button wear is reduced and overall bit life enhanced in even the most abrasive and hardest rock conditions.
The MultiPoint design is currently available in 1/2″ to 3/4″ (12 – 19mm) diameter carbide inserts, in Rockmore’s DTH and top-hammer bits, 3.5″ to 10″ (89 – 254mm) diameter.
Rockmore International is a global manufacturer of rock-drilling tools, serving the mining, construction, and water-well sectors for more than 60 years.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines387 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks358 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger319 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)305 Views