But the story doesn’t end here. The dimension stone industry has experienced resurgence, and a local aggregate producer is currently quarrying dimension stone from Castle Rock Rhyolite. Once again, buildings ranging from discount department stores to upscale restaurants are being covered with beautiful “streaming rock.” Not too shabby for a 37 million-year-old whippersnapper.
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve522 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry259 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature251 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky221 Views
- Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia128 Views