In 1996, Cooley Granite was acquired by the U.K. aggregates business CAMAS. That company evolved into Aggregate Industries, which was subsequently acquired by the Swiss-owned Holcim Ltd. in 2005.
And that quarry in Morrison is where I found Rocky.
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve522 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry258 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature251 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky221 Views
- Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia128 Views