Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award
At the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association’s (NSSGA) Honors Awards Reception on March 4, Aggregates Manager Editor-in-Chief Therese Dunphy presented the AggMan of the Year 2013 award to Rod Martin, vice president, Martin Stone Quarries, Inc.
“It’s about keeping an unerring focus on doing what is right for your business, your customer, and your community,” Dunphy said in making the presentation. “Rod Martin is the kind of person who does exactly that. Whether it’s leading the local chamber of commerce or serving as a chairman of the Young Leaders Council, Rod is a person who understands that the way to keep the big picture on track is by paying attention to the small details.”
Martin serves as the chairman of his local chamber of commerce, is an active member of the Pennsylvania Aggregates and Concrete Association and is vice chairman of NSSGA’s Government Affairs Committee. He has also served as chairman of the Young Leaders Council from 2004 to 2005 and was named the Aggregates in Action Activist of the Year in 2008.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries288 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law219 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding219 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs202 Views