Rogers Group at 100
- From the Ground Up – The 100-year story of Ralph Rogers and the company. (Copies are available from Providence House Publishers for $25; www.providencehouse.com or 1-800-321-5692)
- “100 Hours for 100 Years” – Employees in each market area are committing at least 100 man-hours to service in local communities. Most areas expect to exceed this goal.
- Pull tab recycling contest – Employees in each market area are collecting pull tabs from soda cans to send to Ronald McDonald House chapters for recycling. As of Aug. 18, more than 538 pounds of pull tabs had been collected throughout the company.
- Localized celebrations – Many of these are in the form of a cookout at local state parks.
Article and photos are courtesy of Rogers Group. Portions of this article adapted from the book From the Ground Up, by Sandy Smith.
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve521 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry250 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature217 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky209 Views
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting190 Views