Sandvik rolls out a two-for-one HSI crusher
Sandvik introduced a new line of horizontal shaft impactors, the Prisec. Led by the CI511 model, the units can be configured as either a primary or secondary crusher, offering optimal utilization of capital assets.
“One machine does it all,” notes Rowan Dallimore, Sandvik’s product line manager for impact crushers. “An operator could use it as a primary at one site, and later move it to another site to use as a secondary.”
Developed in response to customer feedback, a unique patented design allows the operator to switch the unit from primary to secondary function within a few hours. Operators simply unbolt and pivot the shaft, which lowers the curtain by 180 percent and converts the unit from primary to secondary mode.
Two uniquely designed curtains replace the more traditional three-curtain configuration, reducing the need for maintenance parts and labor while improving reduction ratios. Both curtains are infinitely adjustable via a patented adjustment/braking system which is located on the cross beams of the crusher.
Hydraulic power isn’t required during normal operation, yielding lower operating costs through reduced power consumption.
The rotor and hammers are said to be robust and efficient, with a unique “banana” shaped self-sharpening hammer designed to keep the contact heads sharper during operation, resulting in more effective shearing of the incoming material and improved production.
To see Dallimore talk about the unit and see the unit be shifted from primary to secondary mode, click here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines390 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks361 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger348 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)318 Views