Sandvik teams with Habitat for Humanity
SMYRNA, GA – Sandvik announced that once again, its USA and Canada region will participate with Habitat for Humanity. This year, they will build a home in partnership with Habitat for Humanity of the Mississippi Gulf Coast in the Connors Garden community of Gulfport, Miss., as the Gulf Coast is still rebuilding in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Despite these rough economic times Sandvik is still committed to helping a low-income family by funding and building a new home.
“Regardless of the tough economic issues everyone is facing, it is good to take a step back and realize someone else has it even tougher and we can help,” says Doug Barber, Sandvik Mining and Construction’s human resources manager. The team of Sandvik volunteer employees will begin the project on Tuesday, Sept. 29 and finish Saturday, Oct. 3.
According to a company press release, Sandvik believes that its partnership with Habitat for Humanity is a long-term commitment to the effort to provide safe, secure, affordable housing. Next year, Sandvik plans to carry on this tradition and build a home for a low-income family in the Atlanta area.
“We are proud to be associated with an organization like Habitat for Humanity. It is a great fit for us, in terms of alignment with our organizations’ values and the sense of giving back to the local communities where we operate,” says Dan Allan, Sandvik Mining and Construction’s regional president. “It is great feeling of involvement with our employees working side by side with the homeowner. It’s more than a check. It’s a rewarding experience.”
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February433 Views
- Holcim shareholders threaten merger plans with Lafarge…again277 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car209 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)173 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole152 Views