Santa Ana Gateway Project (I-5) named Freeway Project of the Year
The Santa Ana (I-5) Gateway Project that widened the last two miles of the I-5 near the Orange County line was named Freeway Project of the Year by the California Transportation Foundation, a charitable transportation organization.
The California Transportation Foundation recognized the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) and Caltrans for the complexity of the four-year project, which doubled the size of the I-5 through Buena Park, and the positive impact it made on improving travel through the area for drivers.
“The success of the I-5 Gateway Project shows how true collaboration and partnership results in a great project,” said Will Kempton, CEO of OCTA, in a written statement announcing the I-5 honor. “Both during construction and in the final product, maintaining that connection helped to ensure the tremendous success of this project.”
The $335 million project was the final link in the original Measure M freeway improvement program and added two lanes in each direction between the Riverside Freeway (SR-91) and the county line, reconstructed bridges and improved on-ramps and off-ramps.
The project helped ease congestion on the stretch of freeway traveled by an average of 172,000 vehicles a day.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry475 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident451 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry313 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)279 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views