Scandia talks time limits for Tiller Corp.
As the Scandia City Council continues to discuss Tiller Corp.‘s proposed mine, it decided to “set the maximum duration of mining activity to 3.3 years beginning 30 days after all other permits are obtained,” according to a report in the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
The group is expected to approve the permit on Feb. 19 despite community objections and planning commission recommendation against the proposal.
During the work session, the newspaper reports that Mayor Randall Simonson and council member Chris Ness argued in favor of a ban on mining from Memorial Day to Labor Day (yes, you read that correctly). The other three council members opposed the ban.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs731 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries307 Views
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year278 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law224 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs211 Views