Scandia talks time limits for Tiller Corp.
As the Scandia City Council continues to discuss Tiller Corp.‘s proposed mine, it decided to “set the maximum duration of mining activity to 3.3 years beginning 30 days after all other permits are obtained,” according to a report in the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
The group is expected to approve the permit on Feb. 19 despite community objections and planning commission recommendation against the proposal.
During the work session, the newspaper reports that Mayor Randall Simonson and council member Chris Ness argued in favor of a ban on mining from Memorial Day to Labor Day (yes, you read that correctly). The other three council members opposed the ban.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Follow these best practices for safe crushing operations245 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Atlas Copco’s bucket crushers223 Views
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show210 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs184 Views
- Rare dinosaur skeleton found in quarry sells for more than $544,000156 Views