Scandia talks time limits for Tiller Corp.
As the Scandia City Council continues to discuss Tiller Corp.‘s proposed mine, it decided to “set the maximum duration of mining activity to 3.3 years beginning 30 days after all other permits are obtained,” according to a report in the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
The group is expected to approve the permit on Feb. 19 despite community objections and planning commission recommendation against the proposal.
During the work session, the newspaper reports that Mayor Randall Simonson and council member Chris Ness argued in favor of a ban on mining from Memorial Day to Labor Day (yes, you read that correctly). The other three council members opposed the ban.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 897 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life491 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers271 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning157 Views