Scandia talks time limits for Tiller Corp.
As the Scandia City Council continues to discuss Tiller Corp.‘s proposed mine, it decided to “set the maximum duration of mining activity to 3.3 years beginning 30 days after all other permits are obtained,” according to a report in the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
The group is expected to approve the permit on Feb. 19 despite community objections and planning commission recommendation against the proposal.
During the work session, the newspaper reports that Mayor Randall Simonson and council member Chris Ness argued in favor of a ban on mining from Memorial Day to Labor Day (yes, you read that correctly). The other three council members opposed the ban.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2402 Views
- Quarry blast leaves huge holes in nearby home1032 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...583 Views
- How to become a more productive worker318 Views
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry315 Views