Scandia talks time limits for Tiller Corp.
As the Scandia City Council continues to discuss Tiller Corp.‘s proposed mine, it decided to “set the maximum duration of mining activity to 3.3 years beginning 30 days after all other permits are obtained,” according to a report in the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
The group is expected to approve the permit on Feb. 19 despite community objections and planning commission recommendation against the proposal.
During the work session, the newspaper reports that Mayor Randall Simonson and council member Chris Ness argued in favor of a ban on mining from Memorial Day to Labor Day (yes, you read that correctly). The other three council members opposed the ban.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Check out this drone footage of the Atlanta quarry where 'The Walking Dead' was filmed (VIDEO)331 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars324 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)286 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees269 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter202 Views