School children witness quarry blast
A group of students in the U.K. recently got the chance to witness a blast at a local quarry.
The students, from Norton St. Philip school in England, visited Moon Hill Quarry in Somerset just before Christmas holidays, Frome Standard reported.
The students experienced rock testing and science experiments along with a tour of the quarry, and some saw a quarry blast.
A school spokeswoman told Frome Standard that the blast “was the highlight of the term” for the students who saw it.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers428 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products226 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award198 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions194 Views
- NSSGA debuts its new strategic plan172 Views