Schuster: Obama will sign transportation bill by Fall
Congress member Bill Shuster (R-Pa.), chair of the House Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, & Hazardous Materials, predicts President Barack Obama will sign a transportation bill — with a provision to build the Keystone Pipeline included — in September or October, according to a report from Transportation Nation.
Environmentalists have opposed construction of the pipeline, and President Obama has said that he also would oppose any transportation bill that included funding for the pipeline, according to the Transportation Nation report.
However, Shuster is predicting presidential politics would force the President’s hand come the fall — though he acknowledged that for most Americans, transportation wasn’t even in their top five issues, according to the report.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry615 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction500 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way393 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company385 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter350 Views