Schuster: Obama will sign transportation bill by Fall
Congress member Bill Shuster (R-Pa.), chair of the House Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, & Hazardous Materials, predicts President Barack Obama will sign a transportation bill — with a provision to build the Keystone Pipeline included — in September or October, according to a report from Transportation Nation.
Environmentalists have opposed construction of the pipeline, and President Obama has said that he also would oppose any transportation bill that included funding for the pipeline, according to the Transportation Nation report.
However, Shuster is predicting presidential politics would force the President’s hand come the fall — though he acknowledged that for most Americans, transportation wasn’t even in their top five issues, according to the report.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Follow these best practices for safe crushing operations257 Views
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show256 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Atlas Copco’s bucket crushers243 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs183 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Caterpillar’s 988K wheel loader169 Views