SDLG wheel loaders to hit North American market in September
Following Volvo Construction Equipment subsidiary SDLG’s announcement that it will enter the North American market this year, seven Volvo dealers are preparing to roll out two SDLG models of wheel loaders in North America in September, according to our sister site, Equipment World.
SDLG Director for North America Al Quinn told Equipment World that SDLG will target the loaders at customers who own fewer than five machines and that they will be priced at 30 percent less than comparable premium loaders.
The company’s market message — “solid performance made simple” — helps lower the cost of the machines. The loaders will lack the telematics and electronic controls that premium machines offer, will feature transmissions and axles that are a generation older and will use dry brakes rather than wet brakes.
Among the models hitting the North American market is the 4-cubic-yard LG959, which will start at $144,500. The 2.4-cubic-yard LG938L will also roll out in North America next month.
Quinn said a 3.5-cubic-yard loader will likely be the next model to join the 2.4- and 4-cubic-yard loaders.
For more information, read the full story at EquipmentWorld.com.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Check out this drone footage of the Atlanta quarry where 'The Walking Dead' was filmed (VIDEO)414 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars305 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)289 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees261 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter204 Views