SDLG wheel loaders to hit North American market in September
Following Volvo Construction Equipment subsidiary SDLG’s announcement that it will enter the North American market this year, seven Volvo dealers are preparing to roll out two SDLG models of wheel loaders in North America in September, according to our sister site, Equipment World.
SDLG Director for North America Al Quinn told Equipment World that SDLG will target the loaders at customers who own fewer than five machines and that they will be priced at 30 percent less than comparable premium loaders.
The company’s market message — “solid performance made simple” — helps lower the cost of the machines. The loaders will lack the telematics and electronic controls that premium machines offer, will feature transmissions and axles that are a generation older and will use dry brakes rather than wet brakes.
Among the models hitting the North American market is the 4-cubic-yard LG959, which will start at $144,500. The 2.4-cubic-yard LG938L will also roll out in North America next month.
Quinn said a 3.5-cubic-yard loader will likely be the next model to join the 2.4- and 4-cubic-yard loaders.
For more information, read the full story at EquipmentWorld.com.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill428 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers390 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg297 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award181 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions181 Views