SDLG wheel loaders to hit North American market in September
Following Volvo Construction Equipment subsidiary SDLG’s announcement that it will enter the North American market this year, seven Volvo dealers are preparing to roll out two SDLG models of wheel loaders in North America in September, according to our sister site, Equipment World.
SDLG Director for North America Al Quinn told Equipment World that SDLG will target the loaders at customers who own fewer than five machines and that they will be priced at 30 percent less than comparable premium loaders.
The company’s market message — “solid performance made simple” — helps lower the cost of the machines. The loaders will lack the telematics and electronic controls that premium machines offer, will feature transmissions and axles that are a generation older and will use dry brakes rather than wet brakes.
Among the models hitting the North American market is the 4-cubic-yard LG959, which will start at $144,500. The 2.4-cubic-yard LG938L will also roll out in North America next month.
Quinn said a 3.5-cubic-yard loader will likely be the next model to join the 2.4- and 4-cubic-yard loaders.
For more information, read the full story at EquipmentWorld.com.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Follow these best practices for safe crushing operations256 Views
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show256 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Atlas Copco’s bucket crushers242 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs185 Views
- Rare dinosaur skeleton found in quarry sells for more than $544,000165 Views