Seal/No Seal Group issues five tech briefs on joint sealants
The Seal/No Seal Group has issued five technical briefs on factors that can affect the effectiveness of joint sealants. This is the first group of technical briefs in a planned regular release of reports to keep joint sealant information current and available to all.
The following five new technical briefs are now available:
Evaluation of Backer Rod Absorption – a study evaluating the absorption of moisture in different types of backer rods and a method to determine the correct backer rod to use for the best long term performance.
Joint Movement Estimator for Designing Transverse Joint Seal Installations – the history and use of various joint movement estimators, including the new ACPA joint movement estimator.
Use of Silanes for Sealing Joints in Concrete Pavements – general information on Silane sealers and their use in our industry.
Joint Slap Evaluation and Prevention – the impact of joint geometry on both new and existing pavement tire-pavement noise levels.
Construction of Long Life Sealant Performance – how joint seal design, the materials used, the workmanship of the installation, and the prevailing environmental and traffic conditions affect joint sealant installation.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1130 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1034 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program502 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee297 Views
- U.S. Aggregates set to reopen quarry in Indiana190 Views