Seal/No Seal Group issues five tech briefs on joint sealants
The Seal/No Seal Group has issued five technical briefs on factors that can affect the effectiveness of joint sealants. This is the first group of technical briefs in a planned regular release of reports to keep joint sealant information current and available to all.
The following five new technical briefs are now available:
Evaluation of Backer Rod Absorption – a study evaluating the absorption of moisture in different types of backer rods and a method to determine the correct backer rod to use for the best long term performance.
Joint Movement Estimator for Designing Transverse Joint Seal Installations – the history and use of various joint movement estimators, including the new ACPA joint movement estimator.
Use of Silanes for Sealing Joints in Concrete Pavements – general information on Silane sealers and their use in our industry.
Joint Slap Evaluation and Prevention – the impact of joint geometry on both new and existing pavement tire-pavement noise levels.
Construction of Long Life Sealant Performance – how joint seal design, the materials used, the workmanship of the installation, and the prevailing environmental and traffic conditions affect joint sealant installation.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs595 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina365 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity349 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law216 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs185 Views