Seal/No Seal Group issues five tech briefs on joint sealants
The Seal/No Seal Group has issued five technical briefs on factors that can affect the effectiveness of joint sealants. This is the first group of technical briefs in a planned regular release of reports to keep joint sealant information current and available to all.
The following five new technical briefs are now available:
Evaluation of Backer Rod Absorption – a study evaluating the absorption of moisture in different types of backer rods and a method to determine the correct backer rod to use for the best long term performance.
Joint Movement Estimator for Designing Transverse Joint Seal Installations – the history and use of various joint movement estimators, including the new ACPA joint movement estimator.
Use of Silanes for Sealing Joints in Concrete Pavements – general information on Silane sealers and their use in our industry.
Joint Slap Evaluation and Prevention – the impact of joint geometry on both new and existing pavement tire-pavement noise levels.
Construction of Long Life Sealant Performance – how joint seal design, the materials used, the workmanship of the installation, and the prevailing environmental and traffic conditions affect joint sealant installation.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry610 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction508 Views
- The nation’s top 25 crushed stone producers420 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way395 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company384 Views