Senate Commerce Committee to hold hearing Tuesday on private transportation funding
The Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee is scheduled to hold a hearing Tuesday on potential private sector sources of transportation infrastructure funding, according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
Senate Commerce Committee Chairman Jay Rockefeller (D-W. Va.) said Tuesday that lawmakers need to make a bipartisan effort to find funding for transportation projects, noting that it is time to consider alternative funding options for transportation infrastructure.
“Congress has shown neither the will nor the courage to put aside divisions and work together to find a solution to our infrastructure deficit. But the problem won’t simply go away on its own,” Rockefeller said in a prepared statement. “Now, more than ever, we as policymakers should be creating an environment and providing tools to incentivize these pools of funding into infrastructure projects.
The committee will meet today at 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time. To view a live webcast of the hearing, visit commerce.senate.gov.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- The nation’s top 25 crushed stone producers564 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction458 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company318 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way270 Views
- Quarry wall collapsed during flooding in New Jersey232 Views