Senate Commerce Committee to hold hearing Tuesday on private transportation funding
The Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee is scheduled to hold a hearing Tuesday on potential private sector sources of transportation infrastructure funding, according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
Senate Commerce Committee Chairman Jay Rockefeller (D-W. Va.) said Tuesday that lawmakers need to make a bipartisan effort to find funding for transportation projects, noting that it is time to consider alternative funding options for transportation infrastructure.
“Congress has shown neither the will nor the courage to put aside divisions and work together to find a solution to our infrastructure deficit. But the problem won’t simply go away on its own,” Rockefeller said in a prepared statement. “Now, more than ever, we as policymakers should be creating an environment and providing tools to incentivize these pools of funding into infrastructure projects.
The committee will meet today at 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time. To view a live webcast of the hearing, visit commerce.senate.gov.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151092 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1031 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production733 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 2015673 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success597 Views