Senate Commerce Committee to hold hearing Tuesday on private transportation funding
The Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee is scheduled to hold a hearing Tuesday on potential private sector sources of transportation infrastructure funding, according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
Senate Commerce Committee Chairman Jay Rockefeller (D-W. Va.) said Tuesday that lawmakers need to make a bipartisan effort to find funding for transportation projects, noting that it is time to consider alternative funding options for transportation infrastructure.
“Congress has shown neither the will nor the courage to put aside divisions and work together to find a solution to our infrastructure deficit. But the problem won’t simply go away on its own,” Rockefeller said in a prepared statement. “Now, more than ever, we as policymakers should be creating an environment and providing tools to incentivize these pools of funding into infrastructure projects.
The committee will meet today at 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time. To view a live webcast of the hearing, visit commerce.senate.gov.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs595 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina365 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity349 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law216 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs185 Views