Senate Commerce Committee to hold hearing Tuesday on private transportation funding
The Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee is scheduled to hold a hearing Tuesday on potential private sector sources of transportation infrastructure funding, according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
Senate Commerce Committee Chairman Jay Rockefeller (D-W. Va.) said Tuesday that lawmakers need to make a bipartisan effort to find funding for transportation projects, noting that it is time to consider alternative funding options for transportation infrastructure.
“Congress has shown neither the will nor the courage to put aside divisions and work together to find a solution to our infrastructure deficit. But the problem won’t simply go away on its own,” Rockefeller said in a prepared statement. “Now, more than ever, we as policymakers should be creating an environment and providing tools to incentivize these pools of funding into infrastructure projects.
The committee will meet today at 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time. To view a live webcast of the hearing, visit commerce.senate.gov.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views