Senate Commerce Committee to hold hearing Tuesday on private transportation funding
The Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee is scheduled to hold a hearing Tuesday on potential private sector sources of transportation infrastructure funding, according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
Senate Commerce Committee Chairman Jay Rockefeller (D-W. Va.) said Tuesday that lawmakers need to make a bipartisan effort to find funding for transportation projects, noting that it is time to consider alternative funding options for transportation infrastructure.
“Congress has shown neither the will nor the courage to put aside divisions and work together to find a solution to our infrastructure deficit. But the problem won’t simply go away on its own,” Rockefeller said in a prepared statement. “Now, more than ever, we as policymakers should be creating an environment and providing tools to incentivize these pools of funding into infrastructure projects.
The committee will meet today at 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time. To view a live webcast of the hearing, visit commerce.senate.gov.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1062 Views
- Martin Marietta mine among 18 cited during MSHA monthly inspection in April649 Views
- EPA releases final Waters of the U.S. rule, aggregates industry reacts358 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry358 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration339 Views