Senate committee releases full text of two-year reauthorization bill
The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee has released the full text of a 600-page surface transportation reauthorization bill that will be marked up the morning of Nov. 9, reports the American Association of Safety and Highway Transportation Officials (AASHTO).
The organization reports that the two-year legislation — dubbed “MAP-21″ for “Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century” — maintains funding at current levels; reforms the nation’s transportation programs to make them more efficient; and provides robust assistance for transportation projects under the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act program to leverage state, local, and private-sector funding, according to a committee summary.
“We are happy to see the process has begun to put in place a long-term surface transportation authorization,” said John Horsley, executive director of AASHTO says in a written statement,
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Check out this drone footage of the Atlanta quarry where 'The Walking Dead' was filmed (VIDEO)416 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars305 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)290 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees273 Views
- Texas town buys quarry land to eventually shut it down and keep the neighborhood quiet202 Views