Senate committee releases full text of two-year reauthorization bill
The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee has released the full text of a 600-page surface transportation reauthorization bill that will be marked up the morning of Nov. 9, reports the American Association of Safety and Highway Transportation Officials (AASHTO).
The organization reports that the two-year legislation — dubbed “MAP-21” for “Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century” — maintains funding at current levels; reforms the nation’s transportation programs to make them more efficient; and provides robust assistance for transportation projects under the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act program to leverage state, local, and private-sector funding, according to a committee summary.
“We are happy to see the process has begun to put in place a long-term surface transportation authorization,” said John Horsley, executive director of AASHTO says in a written statement,
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs692 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina365 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries255 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law217 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity215 Views