Senate committee releases full text of two-year reauthorization bill
The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee has released the full text of a 600-page surface transportation reauthorization bill that will be marked up the morning of Nov. 9, reports the American Association of Safety and Highway Transportation Officials (AASHTO).
The organization reports that the two-year legislation — dubbed “MAP-21″ for “Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century” — maintains funding at current levels; reforms the nation’s transportation programs to make them more efficient; and provides robust assistance for transportation projects under the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act program to leverage state, local, and private-sector funding, according to a committee summary.
“We are happy to see the process has begun to put in place a long-term surface transportation authorization,” said John Horsley, executive director of AASHTO says in a written statement,
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability542 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park357 Views
- Video: Behind the scenes with Lego Technic's wheel loader R&D288 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views
- Founder of Florida Crushed Stone dies185 Views