Senate committee releases full text of two-year reauthorization bill
The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee has released the full text of a 600-page surface transportation reauthorization bill that will be marked up the morning of Nov. 9, reports the American Association of Safety and Highway Transportation Officials (AASHTO).
The organization reports that the two-year legislation — dubbed “MAP-21″ for “Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century” — maintains funding at current levels; reforms the nation’s transportation programs to make them more efficient; and provides robust assistance for transportation projects under the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act program to leverage state, local, and private-sector funding, according to a committee summary.
“We are happy to see the process has begun to put in place a long-term surface transportation authorization,” said John Horsley, executive director of AASHTO says in a written statement,
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2392 Views
- Quarry blast leaves huge holes in nearby home914 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...574 Views
- How to become a more productive worker314 Views
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry303 Views