Senate to consider transportation, housing spending bill this week
The Senate this week will consider the spending bill for the Departments of Transportation (USDOT) and Housing and Urban Development (HUD), according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
The Hill reported that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) made the announcement last week, noting that the bill would be taken up along with 11 other annual appropriations bills.
The legislation, called the THUD bill, would allot $54 billion for transportation and housing spending. It is expected to pass in the Senate.
The Senate bill is $9.9 billion higher than the House’s $44.1 billion bill, which has not been considered in the full House.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2352 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...551 Views
- How to become a more productive worker312 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies309 Views