Senate to consider transportation, housing spending bill this week
The Senate this week will consider the spending bill for the Departments of Transportation (USDOT) and Housing and Urban Development (HUD), according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
The Hill reported that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) made the announcement last week, noting that the bill would be taken up along with 11 other annual appropriations bills.
The legislation, called the THUD bill, would allot $54 billion for transportation and housing spending. It is expected to pass in the Senate.
The Senate bill is $9.9 billion higher than the House’s $44.1 billion bill, which has not been considered in the full House.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill429 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers391 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg320 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award181 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions181 Views