Senate to consider transportation, housing spending bill this week
The Senate this week will consider the spending bill for the Departments of Transportation (USDOT) and Housing and Urban Development (HUD), according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
The Hill reported that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) made the announcement last week, noting that the bill would be taken up along with 11 other annual appropriations bills.
The legislation, called the THUD bill, would allot $54 billion for transportation and housing spending. It is expected to pass in the Senate.
The Senate bill is $9.9 billion higher than the House’s $44.1 billion bill, which has not been considered in the full House.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two miners killed after rock strikes boom truck930 Views
- Gamecocks get the win over Vulcan in battle for land623 Views
- How much fun can you handle? Quarry Quest 2014 Photos544 Views
- Rock quarry working through the night for Boeing 777X411 Views
- Excellent advice for roof control in underground mines197 Views