Senate to consider transportation, housing spending bill this week
The Senate this week will consider the spending bill for the Departments of Transportation (USDOT) and Housing and Urban Development (HUD), according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
The Hill reported that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) made the announcement last week, noting that the bill would be taken up along with 11 other annual appropriations bills.
The legislation, called the THUD bill, would allot $54 billion for transportation and housing spending. It is expected to pass in the Senate.
The Senate bill is $9.9 billion higher than the House’s $44.1 billion bill, which has not been considered in the full House.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1006 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger396 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)345 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration298 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger242 Views