Senate to consider transportation, housing spending bill this week
The Senate this week will consider the spending bill for the Departments of Transportation (USDOT) and Housing and Urban Development (HUD), according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
The Hill reported that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) made the announcement last week, noting that the bill would be taken up along with 11 other annual appropriations bills.
The legislation, called the THUD bill, would allot $54 billion for transportation and housing spending. It is expected to pass in the Senate.
The Senate bill is $9.9 billion higher than the House’s $44.1 billion bill, which has not been considered in the full House.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 884 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life461 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers212 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts164 Views