September 2008 – Information Library
Sustainability Web site
NSSGA launched its new sustainability Web site located under “Sustainability” on the association’s home page, www.nssga.org. A tab for industry case studies helps members and the general public better understand what the aggregates industry does to help sustain the communities in which they operate. National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association.
AGG 1 Web site
A newly launched Web site, www.agg1.org, provides information about the aggregates-oriented AGG 1 exposition being held in March 2009. The fully operational site contains exhibit and registration information. National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association/Association of Equipment Manufacturers.
Safety training programs
Two new safety training programs are now available. Excavations: Safe Work Essentials covers topics that can ensure the safety of all work environments. Topics explain what excavations are, potential hazards, protective measures, and safe work practices.
The Contractor & Visitor Awareness program teaches workers to identify and understand the role of visitors and contractors at any site, as well as the responsibility of workers in regards to contractor and visitor awareness. Summit Training Source.
Supervisor’s OSHA training manual
A new supervisor’s training manual, What Every Supervisor Must Know about OSHA, provides guidance for organizations to ensure compliance with federal regulations. Topics covered in the manual include the following:
* An overview of OSHA and how it works;
* How to read regulations and penalties;
* Steps on how to handle an OSHA inspection;
* Training tips to make your presentation sizzle;
* Accident effects on productivity; and
* Workers’ compensation expense and legal liabilities.
Summit Training Source.
New information on sustainability practices that integrate environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic prosperity for the aggregates industry is now available. The information includes a booklet, Guiding Principles for Sustainable Aggregate Operations; and a DVD and tri-fold checklist, Sustainability Commitment from the Aggregates Industry. National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association.
Truck-leasing Web site
A new Web site, www.SterlingTrucks.com/CompleteLease, is designed for customers researching full-service leasing opportunities. The site provides in-depth information about the Sterling Trucks CompleteLease program, a transportation option with fleet benefits regardless of fleet size. Sterling Truck Corp.
From our partners
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry745 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets536 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either278 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year249 Views
- More sand coming to Carlsbad beaches192 Views