September 2009 – AggBeat
Terex Corporation announced plans to close its Cedarapids manufacturing plant in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The company said it will consolidate the manufacturing of the equipment made there into other Terex facilities in Durand, Mich., Oklahoma City, and other locations in North America to be determined. Engineering, sales, and service functions for materials processing equipment now made at the plant will be retained at the facility.
Natural Resource Partners acquires aggregate reserves
Natural Resource Partners L.P. (NRP) has acquired limestone reserves from Blue Star Materials, LLC for approximately $24 million. The limestone reserves are located on a 121-acre site northwest of the Dallas-Fort Worth area in Wise County, Texas. The production facilities will be owned and operated by Blue Star; NRP will be paid a royalty upon the sale of product. The reserves are currently under development and are expected to begin production in early 2010.
MORE FROM AggBeat
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve519 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry256 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature251 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky214 Views
- Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia128 Views