Shelbyville officials consider site plan for proposed rock quarry
The planning commission and board of zoning appeals in Shelbyville, Tennessee, will meet today to consider a site plan a proposed rock quarry on L. Fisher Road, the Shelbyville Times-Gazette reported.
Writght Paving, the company which requested the rock quarry plan, is suing the city for $10 million over issues surrounding the quarry.
Planning and Community Development Director Amanda Rhinehart told the news site that the commission must approve the site plan in order for the project to move forward.
The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. at the Shelbyville police station.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar mining VP retires amid leadership shakeup1086 Views
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation376 Views
- Thieves derail train in Mexico to steal 70 tons of cement326 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training319 Views
- Four contractors compete for $1.1 billion I-285/GA 400 interchange project in Atlanta280 Views