Shelbyville officials consider site plan for proposed rock quarry
The planning commission and board of zoning appeals in Shelbyville, Tennessee, will meet today to consider a site plan a proposed rock quarry on L. Fisher Road, the Shelbyville Times-Gazette reported.
Writght Paving, the company which requested the rock quarry plan, is suing the city for $10 million over issues surrounding the quarry.
Planning and Community Development Director Amanda Rhinehart told the news site that the commission must approve the site plan in order for the project to move forward.
The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. at the Shelbyville police station.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3100 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2182 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...413 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies310 Views
- How to become a more productive worker298 Views