Shelbyville officials consider site plan for proposed rock quarry
The planning commission and board of zoning appeals in Shelbyville, Tennessee, will meet today to consider a site plan a proposed rock quarry on L. Fisher Road, the Shelbyville Times-Gazette reported.
Writght Paving, the company which requested the rock quarry plan, is suing the city for $10 million over issues surrounding the quarry.
Planning and Community Development Director Amanda Rhinehart told the news site that the commission must approve the site plan in order for the project to move forward.
The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. at the Shelbyville police station.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person563 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines393 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger361 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)338 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger231 Views