Shelbyville officials consider site plan for proposed rock quarry
The planning commission and board of zoning appeals in Shelbyville, Tennessee, will meet today to consider a site plan a proposed rock quarry on L. Fisher Road, the Shelbyville Times-Gazette reported.
Writght Paving, the company which requested the rock quarry plan, is suing the city for $10 million over issues surrounding the quarry.
Planning and Community Development Director Amanda Rhinehart told the news site that the commission must approve the site plan in order for the project to move forward.
The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. at the Shelbyville police station.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car198 Views
- Northern White Sand considers building a rail unloading facility in Carlsbad162 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole147 Views
- DRIVE Act aims to support Highway Trust Fund by limiting spending to roads and bridges129 Views
- Wisconsin sand hauling company to lay off workers due to decreased frac sand demand125 Views