Shelbyville officials consider site plan for proposed rock quarry
The planning commission and board of zoning appeals in Shelbyville, Tennessee, will meet today to consider a site plan a proposed rock quarry on L. Fisher Road, the Shelbyville Times-Gazette reported.
Writght Paving, the company which requested the rock quarry plan, is suing the city for $10 million over issues surrounding the quarry.
Planning and Community Development Director Amanda Rhinehart told the news site that the commission must approve the site plan in order for the project to move forward.
The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. at the Shelbyville police station.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1595 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award344 Views
- Brad Powell named IMAA 2014 “Miner of the Year”262 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention173 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban127 Views