Skelly and Loy adds senior mining engineer to Virginia staff
Skelly and Loy hired Steven R. Witthar, P.E., as assistant vice president/engineering manager in its Wise, Va., office.
Witthar is responsible for evaluating mining operations and practices; examining maps, mineral deposits, drilling, and other geologic information to determine the viability of mining operations; completing mineral reserve assessments including quality and quantity aspects; preparation of permit applications for mining operations; coordinating and managing work of technicians, engineers, scientists, and other project personnel; and preparing reports and adhering to schedules and cost estimates involved in completing project assignments.
For the detailed press release on the Witthar hiriing, go to http://www.skellyloy.com/Pressroom/PressReleases/pr/SWhirepr.pdf.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger452 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources441 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities373 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register368 Views
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs359 Views