Sleipner excavator transporting systems
Sleipner’s innovative system for transporting tracked excavators in open-pit mines and quarries is essentially a dolly system consisting of ramps with axles and large wheels. One end of the excavator’s tracks is driven onto the ramps so that the tracks are lifted from the ground. Then the excavator turns around and places the boom on the bed of a dump truck so that the other end is raised from the ground by the boom. The excavator can then be easily and quickly moved to another location, reducing wear on the excavator’s undercarriage and tracks. There are 11 models covering excavator weights from 30 to more than 550 tons. Most models incorporate different ramp sizes to fit different excavator brands and models. The newest model, E550, is the largest and can move 550-ton and larger excavators.
Sleipner Finland Oy; www,sleipner.fi.
From our partners
MORE FROM Featured Products
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry475 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry315 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)279 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views