Sleipner excavator transporting systems
Sleipner’s innovative system for transporting tracked excavators in open-pit mines and quarries is essentially a dolly system consisting of ramps with axles and large wheels. One end of the excavator’s tracks is driven onto the ramps so that the tracks are lifted from the ground. Then the excavator turns around and places the boom on the bed of a dump truck so that the other end is raised from the ground by the boom. The excavator can then be easily and quickly moved to another location, reducing wear on the excavator’s undercarriage and tracks. There are 11 models covering excavator weights from 30 to more than 550 tons. Most models incorporate different ramp sizes to fit different excavator brands and models. The newest model, E550, is the largest and can move 550-ton and larger excavators.
Sleipner Finland Oy; www,sleipner.fi.
MORE FROM Featured Products
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA releases report on electrical fatality at crushed stone operation602 Views
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill427 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers393 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg295 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award184 Views