SME 2014 Annual Meeting attracts 22% more attendees than expected
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration (SME) held its 2014 Annual Meeting, which attracted 6,722 attendees, Feb. 23-26 in Salt Lake City.
The society says there were 22 percent more attendees at the meeting than it anticipated.
John Hollenhorst of KSL-NBC-5 was the moderator for the meeting’s keynote session, “Community Engagement: Building Partnerships for Mining,” during which a panel of experts talked about working together for a social, economic and environmental balance in mine development.
The keynote session also included participation from local Boy Scouts and SME volunteers to commemorate the introduction of the new Mining in Society merit badge.
Other meeting highlights include:
804,000 square feet of exhibit space
613 international attendees
656 student attendees
$5 million spent by attendees that benefited the local economy
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident347 Views
- Don't drink and drive...that includes your wheel loader!214 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing185 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution184 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress156 Views