SME announces first recipient of Health and Safety Individual Excellence Award
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration’s (SME) Health and Safety Committee has announced that H.L. Boling is the the first recipient of its Health and Safety Individual Excellence Award.
Established in 2013, the award is among SME’s newest annual awards, which the association will announce at its upcoming annual meeting.
The Health and Safety Individual Excellence Award is presented to an industry professional who demonstrates outstanding dedication, leadership or heroism in exploration, mining or metallurgy occupational safety and health management.
H.L. Boling, a certified mine safety professional (CMSP), has been in the mining industry for nearly 50 years. He wrote two chapters of the Mine Health and Safety Management book published by SME and has taught mining engineers at the University of Arizona for six years.
Boling has earned the nickname “Mr. Safety” because of his passion for safe production. He is well-known for his focus on zero incidents, production concerns, discipline matters and citations.
Throughout his career, Boling has earned 83 personal awards and 178 certificates of merit.
SME will present Boling with the award during its annual meeting February 23-26 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park163 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- Missouri man arrested for burglary of quarry and gun range113 Views