SME announces first recipient of Health and Safety Individual Excellence Award
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration’s (SME) Health and Safety Committee has announced that H.L. Boling is the the first recipient of its Health and Safety Individual Excellence Award.
Established in 2013, the award is among SME’s newest annual awards, which the association will announce at its upcoming annual meeting.
The Health and Safety Individual Excellence Award is presented to an industry professional who demonstrates outstanding dedication, leadership or heroism in exploration, mining or metallurgy occupational safety and health management.
H.L. Boling, a certified mine safety professional (CMSP), has been in the mining industry for nearly 50 years. He wrote two chapters of the Mine Health and Safety Management book published by SME and has taught mining engineers at the University of Arizona for six years.
Boling has earned the nickname “Mr. Safety” because of his passion for safe production. He is well-known for his focus on zero incidents, production concerns, discipline matters and citations.
Throughout his career, Boling has earned 83 personal awards and 178 certificates of merit.
SME will present Boling with the award during its annual meeting February 23-26 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs477 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources437 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger419 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register340 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities334 Views