SME, CIM host Safety In Mining symposium in Ontario
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME) and the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy & Petroleum (CIM) will host the 3rd annual Safety In Mining symposium October 20-22 at the Hilton Toronto in Ontario, Canada.
This year’s theme is “A Reliable Operation Is A Safe Operation.”
SME members who attend will receive a free copy of “Mine Health and Safety Management,” which focuses on behavior-based safety processes.
At the conference, four industry experts from MIRARCO, Barrick Gold Corp., Newmont Mining Corp. and the Office of Mine Safety and Health Research (NIOSH) will discuss how they improved safety performance, reliability and operations through process improvements and employee engagement.
Among the conference session topics are:
Leadership for an effective health and safety culture
Managing hazards and risks
Health and safety management systems
Creating a vision for reliability
Building blocks for successful reliability programs
Tools and technologies to enable reliability
Innovative thinking toward best practices in safety and reliability
Case studies in safety management and system reliability
For more information, or to register, visit safety.cim.org.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs678 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina363 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity348 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries228 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law216 Views