SME, CIM host Safety In Mining symposium in Ontario
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME) and the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy & Petroleum (CIM) will host the 3rd annual Safety In Mining symposium October 20-22 at the Hilton Toronto in Ontario, Canada.
This year’s theme is “A Reliable Operation Is A Safe Operation.”
SME members who attend will receive a free copy of “Mine Health and Safety Management,” which focuses on behavior-based safety processes.
At the conference, four industry experts from MIRARCO, Barrick Gold Corp., Newmont Mining Corp. and the Office of Mine Safety and Health Research (NIOSH) will discuss how they improved safety performance, reliability and operations through process improvements and employee engagement.
Among the conference session topics are:
Leadership for an effective health and safety culture
Managing hazards and risks
Health and safety management systems
Creating a vision for reliability
Building blocks for successful reliability programs
Tools and technologies to enable reliability
Innovative thinking toward best practices in safety and reliability
Case studies in safety management and system reliability
For more information, or to register, visit safety.cim.org.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 789 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts159 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning139 Views
- Attention Congress: Two-thirds of jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors121 Views