SME, CIM host Safety In Mining symposium in Ontario
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME) and the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy & Petroleum (CIM) will host the 3rd annual Safety In Mining symposium October 20-22 at the Hilton Toronto in Ontario, Canada.
This year’s theme is “A Reliable Operation Is A Safe Operation.”
SME members who attend will receive a free copy of “Mine Health and Safety Management,” which focuses on behavior-based safety processes.
At the conference, four industry experts from MIRARCO, Barrick Gold Corp., Newmont Mining Corp. and the Office of Mine Safety and Health Research (NIOSH) will discuss how they improved safety performance, reliability and operations through process improvements and employee engagement.
Among the conference session topics are:
Leadership for an effective health and safety culture
Managing hazards and risks
Health and safety management systems
Creating a vision for reliability
Building blocks for successful reliability programs
Tools and technologies to enable reliability
Innovative thinking toward best practices in safety and reliability
Case studies in safety management and system reliability
For more information, or to register, visit safety.cim.org.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1147 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1043 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program546 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents219 Views