SME, CIM host Safety In Mining symposium in Ontario
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME) and the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy & Petroleum (CIM) will host the 3rd annual Safety In Mining symposium October 20-22 at the Hilton Toronto in Ontario, Canada.
This year’s theme is “A Reliable Operation Is A Safe Operation.”
SME members who attend will receive a free copy of “Mine Health and Safety Management,” which focuses on behavior-based safety processes.
At the conference, four industry experts from MIRARCO, Barrick Gold Corp., Newmont Mining Corp. and the Office of Mine Safety and Health Research (NIOSH) will discuss how they improved safety performance, reliability and operations through process improvements and employee engagement.
Among the conference session topics are:
Leadership for an effective health and safety culture
Managing hazards and risks
Health and safety management systems
Creating a vision for reliability
Building blocks for successful reliability programs
Tools and technologies to enable reliability
Innovative thinking toward best practices in safety and reliability
Case studies in safety management and system reliability
For more information, or to register, visit safety.cim.org.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill783 Views
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability690 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure559 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]554 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 263 Views