SME Foundation launches humanitarian program for mining communities
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration Foundation (SMEF) has announced the launch of the Miners Give Back program, which aims to improve the lives of people in communities where mining is or has been an integral part.
“As the largest professional society in the mining industry, SME will be a conduit for industry specialists around the world to positively impact and enhance the lifestyles of local communities with sustainable benefits that will last for generations,” SME Executive Director David L. Kanagy said in a prepared statement.
Through the program SMEF plans to invest matching funds to find solutions to projects related to health issues, water systems, education, youth mentoring, and other mining-related issues.
The foundation will sponsor established mining companies and form partnerships with local and regional organizations. Additionally, local SME Sections and individuals will initiate and implement projects designed to benefit the local community.
SMEF is currently accepting nominations for potential projects. SME members can submit a proposal with a request of up to $10,000. In order to be eligible, proposals must have an established mining-related company as the sponsor, local representative involvement in project planning and implementation, and committed matching funds.
The deadline to submit proposals is Sept. 10, 2014.
For more details, or to submit a proposal, click here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park163 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- Missouri man arrested for burglary of quarry and gun range113 Views