SME honors individuals, organizations with 2013 MEC awards
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration (SME) Foundation’s Minerals Education Coalition (MEC) has announced the winners of the 2013 MEC awards.
The MEC awards annually recognize individuals and organizations that have significantly aided in the coalition’s activities and programs.
The following individuals and organizations will receive the 2013 MEC awards:
MEC Leadership Award – Julie Lucas, SME Minnesota Section: The MEC Leadership Award honors an individual SME member who has provided leadership to advance the mission of the MEC and has personally been involved in the delivery of its programs and/or activities.
MEC SME Organization Recognition Award – SME Minnesota Section: The MEC SME Organization Recognition Award honors an SME group that has demonstrated active involvement with the MEC’s efforts.
MEC SME Student Chapter Award – University of Arizona: The MEC SME Student Chapter Award honors an SME Student Chapter on a college campus and its faculty and industry advisors for its accomplishments in community outreach and mining and minerals education.
MEC Partnership Appreciation Award – Women in Mining Education Foundation: The MEC Partnership Appreciation Award honors a non SME individual or organization that has exemplified support for MEC’s mission.
SME will recognize the award recipients at the SME Foundation Dinner on February 23 and will formally present the awards at the SME Awards Dinner on February 26 during the SME Annual Meeting in Salt Lake City, Utah.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines389 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks361 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger352 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)316 Views