SME member donates $1 million to SME Foundation
One member of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration plans to donate $1 million to the SME Foundation, the society announced last week.
Robert S. Shoemaker’s donation will be used to support Ph.D. grants and general Foundation activities.
Shoemaker has been a member of SME since 1952 and served as the society’s president in 1978.
“It gives me great pleasure to be able to support the SME through this gift,” Shoemaker said. “It has been an honor to be a member of the SME throughout my career and to be able to be a part of the great work that the organization is doing.”
His donation will be realize at the rate of $100,000 per year with the balance payable upon his passing.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher524 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks361 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident343 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing153 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress149 Views