SME member donates $1 million to SME Foundation
One member of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration plans to donate $1 million to the SME Foundation, the society announced last week.
Robert S. Shoemaker’s donation will be used to support Ph.D. grants and general Foundation activities.
Shoemaker has been a member of SME since 1952 and served as the society’s president in 1978.
“It gives me great pleasure to be able to support the SME through this gift,” Shoemaker said. “It has been an honor to be a member of the SME throughout my career and to be able to be a part of the great work that the organization is doing.”
His donation will be realize at the rate of $100,000 per year with the balance payable upon his passing.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry479 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry339 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar: Modern Earthmoving Marvels traces equipment evolution219 Views
- Kingsteps Quarry in Scotland will be examined for the remains of World War II planes213 Views
- Holcim and Lafarge nominate candidates for merged company’s board of directors197 Views