SME member donates $1 million to SME Foundation
One member of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration plans to donate $1 million to the SME Foundation, the society announced last week.
Robert S. Shoemaker’s donation will be used to support Ph.D. grants and general Foundation activities.
Shoemaker has been a member of SME since 1952 and served as the society’s president in 1978.
“It gives me great pleasure to be able to support the SME through this gift,” Shoemaker said. “It has been an honor to be a member of the SME throughout my career and to be able to be a part of the great work that the organization is doing.”
His donation will be realize at the rate of $100,000 per year with the balance payable upon his passing.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1162 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1055 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program579 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas311 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views