SME member donates $1 million to SME Foundation
One member of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration plans to donate $1 million to the SME Foundation, the society announced last week.
Robert S. Shoemaker’s donation will be used to support Ph.D. grants and general Foundation activities.
Shoemaker has been a member of SME since 1952 and served as the society’s president in 1978.
“It gives me great pleasure to be able to support the SME through this gift,” Shoemaker said. “It has been an honor to be a member of the SME throughout my career and to be able to be a part of the great work that the organization is doing.”
His donation will be realize at the rate of $100,000 per year with the balance payable upon his passing.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry742 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets553 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year312 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY136 Views