SME member donates $1 million to SME Foundation
One member of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration plans to donate $1 million to the SME Foundation, the society announced last week.
Robert S. Shoemaker’s donation will be used to support Ph.D. grants and general Foundation activities.
Shoemaker has been a member of SME since 1952 and served as the society’s president in 1978.
“It gives me great pleasure to be able to support the SME through this gift,” Shoemaker said. “It has been an honor to be a member of the SME throughout my career and to be able to be a part of the great work that the organization is doing.”
His donation will be realize at the rate of $100,000 per year with the balance payable upon his passing.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger456 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources445 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities403 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company384 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register370 Views