SME partners with donation-focused shopping site
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration has announced that it is partnering with AmazonSmile, an online shopping website that donates 0.5 percent of the price of eligible purchases to a charitable organization.
AmazonSmile is operated by Amazon and offers the same product selection, prices and shopping features that Amazon.com provides. The AmazonSmile Foundation gives the customer the opportunity to select which charitable organization receives the donation from each purchase.
The partnership allows customers to choose to donate to the SME Foundation. Those funds go to scholarships, programs connected to the Professional Engineer’s (PE) exam, ABET accreditation training, Minerals Education Coalition (MEC) and more.
To shop through AmazonSmile, visit smile.amazon.com.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year464 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries327 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs216 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding169 Views