SME partners with donation-focused shopping site
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration has announced that it is partnering with AmazonSmile, an online shopping website that donates 0.5 percent of the price of eligible purchases to a charitable organization.
AmazonSmile is operated by Amazon and offers the same product selection, prices and shopping features that Amazon.com provides. The AmazonSmile Foundation gives the customer the opportunity to select which charitable organization receives the donation from each purchase.
The partnership allows customers to choose to donate to the SME Foundation. Those funds go to scholarships, programs connected to the Professional Engineer’s (PE) exam, ABET accreditation training, Minerals Education Coalition (MEC) and more.
To shop through AmazonSmile, visit smile.amazon.com.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry742 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets552 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year312 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY136 Views