SME raises $1.48 million for mining, minerals fundraising campaign
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration (SME) announced earlier this month that, through its Creating Global Prosperity: The Campaign For Mining, it had raised $1.48 million for investment in targeted programs to meet challenges in the mining and minerals industries in the years ahead.
SME and the SME Foundation’s fundraising goal for 2013 is $1.6 million, and the funds raised through the beginning of October put the organization within 8 percent of its goal.
Contributions to SME’s fundraising campaign have been given by 64 individuals and corporations.
For more information about SME’s The Campaign For Mining, click here.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Giant-sized Jenga577 Views
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029380 Views
- Martin Marietta Materials elects President and CEO Ward Nye as chairman of the Board330 Views
- 110-year-old quarry demonstrates aggregate mining importance326 Views
- 7 Best Practices for Operating Mobile Equipment Near Embankments323 Views