SME raises $1.48 million for mining, minerals fundraising campaign
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration (SME) announced earlier this month that, through its Creating Global Prosperity: The Campaign For Mining, it had raised $1.48 million for investment in targeted programs to meet challenges in the mining and minerals industries in the years ahead.
SME and the SME Foundation’s fundraising goal for 2013 is $1.6 million, and the funds raised through the beginning of October put the organization within 8 percent of its goal.
Contributions to SME’s fundraising campaign have been given by 64 individuals and corporations.
For more information about SME’s The Campaign For Mining, click here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs943 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company472 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources394 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger346 Views
- Nebraska company fined after loader operator dies in accident260 Views