SME raises $1.48 million for mining, minerals fundraising campaign
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration (SME) announced earlier this month that, through its Creating Global Prosperity: The Campaign For Mining, it had raised $1.48 million for investment in targeted programs to meet challenges in the mining and minerals industries in the years ahead.
SME and the SME Foundation’s fundraising goal for 2013 is $1.6 million, and the funds raised through the beginning of October put the organization within 8 percent of its goal.
Contributions to SME’s fundraising campaign have been given by 64 individuals and corporations.
For more information about SME’s The Campaign For Mining, click here.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1057 Views
- Martin Marietta mine among 18 cited during MSHA monthly inspection in April579 Views
- EPA releases final Waters of the U.S. rule, aggregates industry reacts396 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry346 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration330 Views