SME raises $1.48 million for mining, minerals fundraising campaign
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration (SME) announced earlier this month that, through its Creating Global Prosperity: The Campaign For Mining, it had raised $1.48 million for investment in targeted programs to meet challenges in the mining and minerals industries in the years ahead.
SME and the SME Foundation’s fundraising goal for 2013 is $1.6 million, and the funds raised through the beginning of October put the organization within 8 percent of its goal.
Contributions to SME’s fundraising campaign have been given by 64 individuals and corporations.
For more information about SME’s The Campaign For Mining, click here.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1159 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program583 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas329 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents291 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge268 Views