SME raises $1.48 million for mining, minerals fundraising campaign
The Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration (SME) announced earlier this month that, through its Creating Global Prosperity: The Campaign For Mining, it had raised $1.48 million for investment in targeted programs to meet challenges in the mining and minerals industries in the years ahead.
SME and the SME Foundation’s fundraising goal for 2013 is $1.6 million, and the funds raised through the beginning of October put the organization within 8 percent of its goal.
Contributions to SME’s fundraising campaign have been given by 64 individuals and corporations.
For more information about SME’s The Campaign For Mining, click here.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park164 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- NSSGA wants everyone to ask their representative to co-sponsor the Regulatory Integrity Protection Act (H.R. 1732) to stop proposed Waters of the U.S. rule129 Views