SME reaches 1,615 student members
Additionally, the society now has 32 U.S. and international student chapters, which give students the opportunity to be involved with industry professionals, the potential to train and develop skills for the industry and the chance to access SME’s global mining and minerals library, OneMine.org.
SME said its international chapters has doubled since 2008 from six to 12, and student membership increased by 63 percent during that time.
For more information about SME student membership, visit smenet.org/students.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries290 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law224 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding219 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs209 Views